The Union Budget to be announced by Finance Minister on 1st February will be unveiled amidst a challenging backdrop of global growth slowdown and geo-political uncertainties. This year’s Budget holds great significance for all of us, especially to ensure that the growth momentum continues. Though the government has taken several measures to ease the challenges of the industry and that of the people at large, however, the need for continuous support to the economy and industry remains.
CNBC TV18 | Dhruva Advisors | Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) are pleased to share the results of the CEO’s Budget Poll 2023conducted over this month to gauge industry perspective on the latest economic developments and their expectations from the upcoming Union Budget. The poll aims to collect views from the business sector on the key policy areas that the government should emphasize in this budget and concerns that require more attention from policymakers.
1. What could be the likely impact of the impending global recession on the Indian economy?
2. With the Hon’ble Finance Minister laying down the foundation and blueprint to gear up the economy for the next 25 years of Amrit Kaal in last year’s Budget, there are high expectations that the upcoming Budget too will be robust enough to set forth a new architecture for long-range reforms. What should be the major macroeconomic theme of this budget?
3. What should be the key policy thrust of the Government in this year’s Budget?
4. What should be the key focus area of the Government to create a manufacturing ecosystem including under the Make-in-India initiative?
5. The Government has done a lot of heavy lifting and continues to show strong commitment for structural reforms for economic growth and development. How would you rate the Government’s efforts in furthering the ease of doing business (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest)?
6. How do you foresee the capacity utilization for your business in the next two quarters considering the impact of the impending global recession?
7. What is the demand outlook for your business in the coming fiscal year 2023-24?
8. In your view, what are the key challenges which you foresee impacting your business in the year ahead?
9. Key business drivers that are likely to positively impact your business in the year ahead?
10. Do you see an increased focus on domestic and global M&A activities, given your current business scenario and the bullish nature of markets?
11. At an organisational strategy level, what changes are you focusing on bringing in the next two to three years?
12. Please rate the ease in availability of funds from banks and other financial institutions on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest).
13. In your view, what should be the key theme of the direct tax proposals in this year’s Budget?
14. What, in your view, is the biggest ask from the Government in respect of direct taxes?